Thursday, February 10, 2011

Creative with my sewing machine.


I probably told you last year that I bought a new sewing machine. I got such a deal on it but found I did not like the challenge of learning new things, like threading, winding bobbins, using a portable machine, and all that stuff. I tried to sew paper for one of the Advice assignments and it did not work. I kept thinking of my good old Singer that Mom and Dad bought for me in 1965, which is in the closet at Scott and Elise. I just could not bear to sell it for a mere $35. In October I decided to give it a try since Lyle had pants that I needed to shorten. (That's a topic I will try to remember to write about later.) I absolutely could not steer that needle at all, and needed to pull and push the fabric to get it moving. Really missed that old Singer now! Later I was looking it over for another projuct and realized that the machine was missing the foot!! I went back to JoAnn's and they were dumbfounded--that I did not have one and that I actually hemmed a pants without one!! So now I am celebrating this Singer of mine!! I have made window treatments (what a nice way to say it) for the windows. The last few days I really had fun making bracelets!! Tell me what you think! Well, actually remember the quote: If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment