Saturday, May 29, 2010

Discovered a New Word!!

While looking through the newspaper this morning, I was reading an article that has no earthly good for me--Wedding Clothes that Fit a Budget. I also read "Shorts that Flatter Pear-shaped Figures. Why? I don't know! I need to read "Capris that Make My Tummy Look Flatter." Anyway, in the first article I ran across the word TROVE. I thought it must be a misspelling--it should be "grove" but that would make no sense. I read "Local consignment shops can be another treasure trove." That sparked me to look up the definition of "trove." I love consignment shops, thrift stores, and junking. (OK, if scrapbookers can do scrapbooking, I can do junking.) So here you have it! For all of you who did not know this word before, you have a new word for your favorite place to go. Who knows--it could become a verb!
trove |trōv|nouna store of valuable or delightful things : the museum's trove of antique treasure.ORIGIN late 19th cent.: from treasure trove .

No comments:

Post a Comment