Friday, March 26, 2010

Viewing Manatees at Cocoa Beach!






Yesterday was a beautiful day in Florida--a #10! Lyle and I decided to go to the beach. He had found an article on the internet about a little hidden cove where one could view manatees--lots of them! It was hidden alright. We had the article with us and thought we would just go along on a blazed trail. I asked a guy mowing the lawn if he knew where the manatees were and he told me about another park because he had never seen any manatees here. Well, I figured we had come this far and I was going to follow the directions on the paper. Lyle kept telling me not to go in there cuz' there could be snakes! But it was worth the walk to see them and I did not see any snakes. And Lyle did follow me! There must have been 12 or more manatees!

No comments:

Post a Comment