Wednesday, October 28, 2015

I Love Paper

I LOVE PAPER!  I can't resist a pretty piece.  My girls just smile and ask me what I plan to do with it.  I answer, "Just look at it".  I have a stash--it's not huge.  I sort it down once a year for sure.  I have room for it in my kitchen cupboards.  Some I've given away because some new pieces have become  favorites.  Once I gave some to the Bright House guy when he came to work on our internet connection.  He was telling us about his little daughter and how she loved art.  The "gift" made me feel wonderful.  Much of my paper, I cannot use.  Putting something on it or cutting it will destroy the beauty of it.  So it is mainly for admiring.
Now the good thing is--I'm not buying much paper anymore.  Now I am in the jewelry aisles in the craft stores.  I have a new stash!  Mostly junk to many of you.  I know that to be true because you give me your junk.  I get most of it at garage sales.  Much of it belonged to my relatives, both present and past.  It is very organized in little baggies that are titled and lined up in rows in my plastic bin.  We have a small house so I do all my "creating" in the kitchen.  Earlier in my life I thought I had a kitchen because it came with the house.  Finally, I know why I have one!
So what is my point, you ask.  Now my jewelry pieces are taking on the same role as paper did.  I have too many pieces to wear, but I like to look at them!  I even use some as decor--tucked here and there.  And some become gifts, of course.  But whats going to happen eventually?  My paper and my jewelry and my unused junk could end up on my hayrack!  More about that topic later.

No comments:

Post a Comment