Saturday, October 17, 2015

Missed blogging!

I have not been blogging for a very long time!  I really did like doing it and now that I have joined the Facebook World, I am missing it more.  One reason is that I am quite a long story-teller and if I post it on Facebook, the feeling that comes over me is that I better shorten that a bit.  This story-telling ability was an inheritance from my dad.  Bedtime stories are still requested by my grandkids--possibly because they know they will get to stay awake longer.  (No, I have never had them fall asleep during a story.  Nor myself either.)  The other day I posted a photo of a table I redid with chalk paint.  I did tell quite a bit about the whole buying process but I think I would have liked it better on my blog.
I also posted a photo of a Sandhill crane checking about eating at a pizza place.  I did not tell you how I debated what the title should be.  You who know me well know that most of my greatest ideas and plans come to me while I am showering.  When "This Place is for the Birds!"  bounced into my head, I actually laughed out loud!  My main concern was that younger readers would not know the expression.  I also wanted to tell you that I laughed about that Sandhill Crane when I was going in to get a haircut.  When I was leaving, there were actually four standing by a store but by the time I got my iPad out and going, the owner came out and shooed them away.  I was upset that I missed the opportunity.  When we were driving away, I noticed they were going back.  Now, believe it or not, Lyle actually parked the car so I could get the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment