Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April Advice Assignment

Early in March, I talked about the Book of Advice that Davonne, Anita and I are doing this year. Well, after much consideration and changing my mind a lot of times, I have determined the April assignment. It is to "Include somewhere or everywhere on your page the following items: a sheet of music, a picture from an old book or a postcard, and ribbon. You can use other what-nots, junk, soft hardware, or ephemera." I had always wanted to use that word-- ephemera. Just how does one pronounce that word? Even the dictionary does not offer much help! I need an audio dictionary. I remember when DQ had a brazier burger and Lyle ordered two brassiere burgers. He did it on purpose but it was quite a funny situation. I think DQ was the only fast food restaurant back then. And were there no package deals? I'll bet McDonalds came up with the package idea so that one can now say, "I'll take a number two!" for people just like Lyle so he does not get to smirk at the order-taker any more. Actually, I guess he could smirk about that line also. And how about that great new drink at McDonalds--the frappe! I've mastered how to say that since I love having one. I figured out a way to remember how to say it. Anyway, I have completed both March and April since I will be going to the kids next week and wanted to mail it off before then. I will post the photos of my page later, since Davonne and Anita are among my followers! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment