Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hit the Jack Pot on old fuzzy cards!



Last Saturday, while Lyle and I were "out and about," Lyle noticed a sign for an estate sale. He willingly turned around and followed the signs. Well, it was not an auction. Anyone who came just went in the house and looked around. Clothes were still in the closet. Lyle thought that was a bit creepy. There were lots of books, kitchen stuff, and junk. Most of the items were not marked. I gathered some stuff and approached the table. As I was waiting, I heard the guy working there say to a fellow worker, "Yah, people think they can bargain and complain about the prices. This is not a garage sale. It's an estate sale. They could go to Walmart and pay a lot more!" Having heard that, I wondered what my pile of stuff was going to cost. Well, it was not bad and I am so excited about my fuzzy greeting cards from the 40s and 50s. I love fuzzy cards--surprising since I hate furry things. I've concluded that fuzzy is a lot different that furry!

3 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love fuzzy cards? And just paper in general?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right!!! I think the paper just keeps getting better but the fuzzy cards are almost obsolete. We gotta treasure any of those we can find!

    ReplyDelete