Monday, April 12, 2010

I Have a PIANO!!!!!!


Exciting news!!! I have a piano--I can play anytime I feel like it! Lyle saw an ebony Young Chang upright piano for sale on the Solivita ads and told me about it. I let it go a few days but last week Wednesday I decided to call. Daphne emailed me photos and I decided I would look at it the next day. I loved it right away when I played it. We agreed on the price and now I had to figure out how to get it from her house to mine. I called around and I finally got a lead. I called Ormani! He called back and asked how big the piano was and after checking it out, he decided it would fit in the back of his work van. He would clean the van out Friday evening and be on our driveway at 9:30 Saturday morning. I called back once with concerns and he said, "Don't worry about it Hahhnny! I am very strong!" By this time I had rounded up one friend, Leo. So we had Ormani, Lyle, and Leo to move a heavy piano. Well, Ormani was at the house by 9:15 Saturday morning. He did look strong. We picked up Leo and went to the house to get the piano. Daphne's husband, John offered to help also. Ormani picked up the end of the piano and stated, "Wow, this thing is heavy!" But he and Leo carried it out to the front hallway so now I can testify to the fact that Leo is very strong too!!! Now we measured the clearance they had to work with to get the piano in the van. It was 1.5 inches!! The four guys got the piano lifted up and slid into the van. Whew!! I checked if John was coming along to our house to get the piano out of the van. He laughed and said, "I come with the piano!" When the caravan got to our house, our neighbor Fred came over and with all of them, they got the piano into our garage. They successfully got it in the house, made the bend into our bedroom and now it sits there in all it's glory! It's a beauty!! Thanks to all who made it possible for me!!

2 comments:

  1. The piano looks great and your expression is priceless. Best wishes to many happy melodies coming from your heart and hands. Love you and can't wait to see you this week! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you. Happy Mothers Day. Call me on my cell phone today or next week on my office 507.562.6946

    ReplyDelete