Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Davonne is published in Somerset Memories!



I am so excited! I finally have the Spring 2010 Somerset Memories in my hands. Late 2008, when I was reading through my Somerset Magazine, I noticed they were having a sort of contest for the ways one used a spool as an art piece. I excitedly encouraged Davonne to enter a spool she had made but she was busy and didn't know if she had photos and she had given the spool to Kayla and Dan. Sooooo, I said that I had photos of it and I would email them to the magazine. I did and I heard back from them that they definitely liked the spool and wanted Davonne to send in the spool. She did. I am a sort of an impatient person so I wrote several times to check on the status. I always got the reply that it was in the running. I checked in August, 2009 to make sure they still had the spool and got an email back stating..

"Yep, we most certainly still have the spool. You can let Davone know that her Celebration Spool has been selected for publication in the April 2010 issue of Somerset Memories. I will be contacting her."

I called Davonne! We were so excited! She said, "You introduced me to my husband. You helped me get my kids, and now you got me published. What's next?'' Who knows? Who knows?

1 comment: